After the installation of the tellows app you need to open the settings of your phone. Choose the „Call Blocking & Identification“ option within the „Phone“ settings. It can take up to 30 seconds until the option is loaded if you use iOS 14.5 or higher. You can now enable the tellows app for caller identification and blocking. Simply slide the button to the right side and the app is activated.
2. The menu item ‚Call blocking & identification‘ is not displayed in my iPhone settings
It can take up to 30 seconds until the option is loaded if you use iOS 14.5 or higher. If you use an iOS version below 14.5, it might not show up at all. Unfortunately, this is an Apple bug and is a problem for all caller ID and block apps. We recommend the following steps to fix the problem:
- If the app won’t activate in your iPhone, restart the phone and try activating the app again. It may take a few hours after the app has been installed for the first time until it is visible in the menu. We therefore recommend repeating these steps after a few hours
- If restarting does not help, please reinstall the app
- Make sure that no special mode is activated in the screen time settings, as this can block the list of apps displayed. Try reinstalling the app and restarting the phone if you have changed screen time settings
- Activate „Allow apps to request tracking“ in the iPhone settings under „Privacy“ → „Tracking“. The app should appear in the menu after restarting the iPhone
- Open the contacts in your caller app from your iPhone and refresh the list by dragging from top to the bottom of the page
Further settings need to be adjusted within the tellows app. You can choose if spam numbers shall be blocked and declare at which score the blocking shall be activated.
To receive more information about a contact from your caller history, you don’t have to copy and paste the number into the search mask, anymore. Simply share your caller contact with the tellows app and receive all available information about the phone number
With the new feature you can display phone number details from your caller history. This feature needs to be activated once by tapping the “i” within your caller history and then „Share Contact“.
You will see the tellows app listed within the activities. By selecting the tellows app, you allow the app to access the phone number of the contact and will be redirected to the number detail page. To do so, just activate the button (slide to green) and tap “Done”.
From now on the app will be displayed each time you click „Share Contact“ within a contact in your phone. The tellows app will open and you get all the available data and you may add a comment. This way you won’t have to copy and paste phone numbers from your caller history into the search mask anymore.
From version 1.4.0 of the tellows iPhone app, you have the option to log in to the app with your tellows account. This assigns all your submitted comments to your user account. You can then manage and change them in the members area. By logging in you can also use personalized blacklists. Every number that you have rated negatively will be added to your personal blacklist. Phone numbers added to your blacklist can be blocked regardless of the phone number rating created by the tellows community. After the next phone number update you already have the current protection against unwanted callers. The tellows login is necessary to assign the personalized blacklist to your account.